Update... there's more than ten now!
It's been an unusually late start to the Wild Garlic season this year, but, now that it's got going, the plants are looking lush and gorgeous and it's going to be a bumper crop. If you forage for your own Wild Garlic please ask permission from the landowner and pick sustainably, so not too much from any area and never the bulbs.
As seen in Country Living Magazine
So here's the top ten places to buy our famous Wild Garlic Pork Pies (the ones with a six page article in Country Living, such a thrill!). As we've only just listed the pies the current places to buy them are mostly local but more UK-wide stockists will have them in the coming weeks, so I'll add to the list as we go along.
Where to buy our Wild Garlic Pork Pies this week
- Creake Abbey Food Hall - a few minutes from Burnham Market and home to the very famous monthly farmers market ( we'll have them there on the 5th of May)
- Harveys Butchers. Norwich's best butcher, on Grove Road. NB the road from Queen's Road is closed at the moment, so if you are driving, head from St Stephens roundabout as if you were going to City College but turn left immediately after the traffic lights.
- Christie and Son - the famously brilliant cheese stall on Fakenham Market on Thursdays, Dereham on Friday and Swaffham on Saturdays
- The Green Grocers - on Earlham Road Norwich, our first ever wholesale stockist and still gorgeous.
- The Norwich Providore - Row B of Norwich market and selling the fabulous Bread Source bread (as well as our pies and many other types of local food brilliance)
- Earsham Street Deli - Bungay's finest (although the rest of Earsham Street sets a pretty high bar), run by the lovely Michelle.
- Scrummy Pig at Wroxham Barns - our Broads stockist (soon to be opening another shop in busy Wroxham village)
- Thyme Deli - one of our Northern stockists in Horwich, Bolton
- Ranbow Stores, East Rudham - already have an order in for Friday's delivery, look out for our A Frame on the A148
- Spring Gardens Nursery, near Pulborough in West Sussex
- Whelk Coppers in Sheringham - a cosy cafe overlooking the sea
- Toft Shop, Cambridge. A fascinating local shop specialising in South African Food (and our pies!)
- Picnic Fayre - the iconic deli in Cley
- Franklin's Farmshop SE22 London - one of our brand new stockists
- Jimmy's Farm - the most famous farmshop in Suffolk
- Slate in Southwold - right next to the Adnams shop
- La Fromagerie in Highbury, Islington
- Harp Lane Deli, Ludlow, Shropshire. At the bustling heart of this most foodie of towns.
- Walsingham Farmshop, Heacham
The best pork pies - by mail order
Watch this space for more stockists, but if you can't get to any of the above they're also listed on our very own pies by post shop!
Meanwhile, I'll get out picking.